We recently hosted a webinar* on how to create a Business Continuity Plan. But a few of you might be wondering if, and how, this is relevant to you?
*We have a recording of the webinar which we're happy to give to folk to watch On Demand. Drop us an email here, and we'll send you a copy for free.
your team to know exactly what they need to do
What is a 'Business Continuity Plan' (BCP)?
The BCP is a summary of everything which you and your team need to do if sh*t hits the fan.
Namely, we've designed this owing to the challenges being posed by Coronavirus, but this applies at any stage of your business journey.
Most business owners have a great head for their business. Often too good a head for it. This means that they usually know everything that's going on with the business, but perhaps don't always take the time to write things down.
Clearly, at the moment, if you as a business owner were to become seriously ill, there might be certain areas of the business which would struggle to function.
This is where the BCP comes in.
It acts as a one-stop-shop for your team to know exactly what they need to do in the event of major disruption.
What does the BCP cover?
The following list is far from exhaustive:
- Your personal finances & asset planning
- Your wellbeing
- Your team's wellbeing
- Communication - both within and outside the business
- Logistics of continuing work
- Your team's reporting structure during the period of disruption
- Cashflow management
- Finance and insurance
- Ultimately, if you die, is everything taken care of?
we've created a template to make this easier for you.
Yes, that seems like quite a lot to consider; and it is.
It has to be, in order to ensure your business continues to function in as efficient a manner possible, given the circumstances.
But we've created a template to make this easier for you. It lists out everything which you might need to consider, and will help you build this plan (without the chance of missing anything).
First, to get hold of the template, get in touch to discuss the BCP, or even just to ask for a copy of our webinar to get some more info.
Then, there are three options:
- We prepare the BCP together with you. We work together over 2 x 2 hour sessions to build this plan with you and any key members of your team. We do this by a video call online, meaning we can all still be in the comfort of our own respective lockdown locations.
- You have a crack at it yourself. You take the template we've made, and populate this as far as possible yourself. Thereafter, you can either leave it at that, or we can book a shorter 60-90 minute session online to run through your plan, and use our expertise to help you polish it off, ready for use.
- You do nothing at all. But you're not that daft, are you?
how much money does your business stand to lose if we don't take action?
Our final thoughts
It is a lot to consider. And we can understand if you question its value to you, when you feel you're spinning so many plates already.
But for this small investment at this stage (in terms of your time), you and your business could reap benefits many times over when things inevitably get tough.
Consider it this way; how much money does your business stand to lose if we don't take action to prevent this disruption?
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
Let's take control, and plan before it's too late.